Tuesday 27 April 2010

Name names more names!

I hadn’t really thought at any point what i could possibly name my piece as, I have been feeling pretty apathetic towards the project, however a good chat with Sarah Taylor allowed for me to think about what I was making and what it really meant. My work is currently dealing with the idea of spoils and how things may disintegrate and be ruined but still remain precious and perhaps more beautiful in their delicate nature. By looking at this area I have chosen to emphasize spoils within my laser cut work, and so I have chosen to simply call the piece, ‘Spoils’.
I have been trying to think how to place my work, what I am actually going to exhibit, which as a curator is obviously part of the deal. I want it to compliment the space and I realized my ‘odd’ and disjointed objects do appear very much lost so this will fit nicely with the title, however I am still not entirely sure what I will be showing, only that I want to exhibit slides. I found a slide enlarger today in a charity shop. I was initially going to project slides but there has been a constant issue with space and I kind of want to just sneak of somewhere small and not be part of the confrontation. The slide magnifier solves this meaning people may view the images whilst not taking up masses of space, nor needing sockets.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment