Thursday 6 May 2010

Myspace

This is going to be one of my final posts for the PPD project.
The spaces were put up on the board, I’m not sure when and people have been categorized according to what committee leaders think is appropriate considering their works themes and how artists will appear together.
The final choice of space themes was
Prickly
Jittery
Slippery

However I was placed in prickly which bore some relevance in one idea when I looked at the detailed description but not in any other way as it began to mention surveillance, which is completely unlike my work, and so I chose to move immediately. I have moved myself to Slippery space, which centre’s on ideas of dreams and memories and the unreachable. With my work being something of a nostalgic nature this seemed much more appropriate, It was a slight shame as the people I have placed myself with compliment my work less but it fits better as a whole and makes more sense personally and so I prefer it as a whole. My chosen area is approximately a metre wide but goes into a corner and onto another wall so it is a little larger. I didn’t want to take anything too big as people require more room than me but I did choose two walls, as I like the idea of safeness in corner and people leaning in to see my work.
I will be presenting plates with laser cut photography inside alongside the slide magnifier in which will be slides of my Grandparents wedding, all of which will be mounted on the wall.
The pieces won’t be huge so they will need to lean in all they can, and with it being on the end of the room this will not interfere with people viewing other peoples work.

Everyone revisited the space however I could not do so as I had a laser cutting session again! Steph however kindly took some photographs for me of all the spaces but she was unsure which one was mine as the map wasn’t about at the space. The photos will follow shortly.
With only a week to go I’m getting nervous now, there’s so much to do and as I have not seen the space I am still dubious as to how my work can really look in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment